One day I decided I wanted to write a blog. I didn't want to maintain my own CMS though, so I did some research and landed on dev.to to host my markdown blog posts.
Then, after finding that there were no good blog generating options for dev.to (there might be now. Stackbit in particular looked promising), I decided to write my own.
This website actually is a fork of the blog generator. Go check out the blog if you want to see it.
- Incredibly performant: By using an SSG, we can ship only raw html/css/js, which means that all page loads give good performance scores.
- A search bar: For finding specific blog posts and topics
- Full control: Just fork the repo
- Easy integrations: with Google Analytics, Adsense and Coil
- Social links: For dev.to, GitHub, and Twitter.
- Probably more: But I've forgotten what those features are